- G. Chen, C.M. Delfour, A.M. Krall and G. Payre, Modeling, stabilization and control of serially connected beam. SIAM J. Control Optim. 25 (1987) 526-546. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- G. Chen, S.G. Krantz, D.W. Ma, C.E. Wayne and H.H. West, The Euler-Bernoulli beam equation with boundary energy dissipation, in Operator methods for optimal control problems, edited by Sung J. Lee. Marcel Dekker, New York (1988) 67-96.
- G. Chen, S.G. Krantz, D.L. Russell, C.E. Wayne and H.H. West, Analysis, design and behavior of dissipative joints for coupled beams. SIAM J. Appl. Math. 49 (1989) 1665-1693. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- F. Conrad, Stabilization of beams by pointwise feedback control. SIAM J. Control Optim. 28 (1990) 423-437. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- J.E. Lagnese, G. Leugering and E. Schmidt, Modeling, analysis and control of dynamic Elastic Multi-link structures. Birkhauser, Basel (1994).
- R. Rebarber, Exponential stability of coupled beam with dissipative joints: A frequency domain approach. SIAM J. Control Optim. 33 (1995) 1-28. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- K. Ammari and M. Tucsnak, Stabilization of Bernoulli-Euler beams by means of a pointwise feedback force. SIAM J. Control Optim. 39 (2000) 1160-1181. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- J.U. Kim and Y. Renardy, Boundary control of the Timoshenko beam. SIAM. J. Control Optim. 25 (1987) 1417-1429. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- K. Ito and N. Kunimatsu, Semigroup model and stability of the structurally damped Timoshenko beam with boundary inputs. Int. J. Control 54 (1991) 367-391. [CrossRef]
- Ö. Morgül, Boundary control of a Timoshenko beam attached to a rigid body: Planar motion. Int. J. Control 54 (1991) 763-791. [CrossRef]
- D.H. Shi and D.X. Feng, Feedback stabilization of a Timoshenko beam with an end mass. Int. J. Control 69 (1998) 285-300. [CrossRef]
- D.X. Feng, D.H. Shi and W.T. Zhang, Boundary feedback stabilization of Timoshenko beam with boundary dissipation. Sci. China Ser. A 41 (1998) 483-490. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- F. Conrad and Ö. Morgül, On the stabilization of a flexible beam with a tip mass. SIAM J. Control Optim. 36 (1998) 1962-1986. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- B.Z. Guo and R.Y. Yu, The Riesz basis property of discrete operators and application to a Euler-Bernoulli beam equation with boundary linear feedback control. IMA J. Math. Control Inform. 18 (2001) 241-251. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- B.P. Rao, Optimal energy decay rate in a damped Rayleigh beam, edited by S. Cox and I. Lasiecka. Contemp. Math. 209 (1997) 221-229.
- G.Q. Xu, Boundary feedback control of elastic beams, Ph.D. Thesis. Institute of Mathematics and System Science, Chinese Academy of Sciences (2000).
- A. Pazy, Semigroups of linear operators and applications to partial differential equations. Springer-Verlag, New York, Appl. Math. Sci. 44 (1983).
- R.M. Young An introduction to nonharmonic Fourier series. Academic Press, Inc. New York (1980).
Volume 9, March 2003
|Page(s)||579 - 600|
|Published online||15 September 2003|