- L. Ambrosio, N. Fusco and D. Pallara, Functions of bounded variation and free discontinuity problems. Oxford Math. Monogr. The Clarendon Press, Oxford University Press, New York (2000).
- J.M. Ball and R.D. James, Fine phase mixtures as minimisers of energy. Arch. Rat. Mech. Anal. 100 (1987) 13–52. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- J.M. Ball and R.D. James, Proposed experimental tests of a theory of fine microstructure and the two well problem. Phil. Trans. Roy. Soc. London Ser. A 338 (1992) 389–450. [CrossRef]
- N. Chaudhuri and S. Müller, Rigidity Estimate for Two Incompatible Wells. Calc. Var. Partial Differ. Equ. 19 (2004) 379–390. [CrossRef]
- M. Chipot and D. Kinderlehrer, Equilibrium configurations of crystals. Arch. Rat. Mech. Anal. 103 (1988) 237–277.
- M. Chipot and S. Müller, Sharp energy estimates for finite element approximations of non-convex problems. Variations of domain and free-boundary problems in solid mechanics (Paris, 1997). Solid Mech. Appl. 66 (1999) 317–325.
- S. Conti, D. Faraco and F. Maggi, A new approach to counterexamples to L1 estimates: Korn's inequality, geometric rigidity, and regularity for gradients of separately convex functions. Arch. Rat. Mech. Anal. 175 (2005) 287–300. [CrossRef]
- S. Conti and B. Schweizer, A sharp-interface limit for a two-well problem in geometrically linear elasticity. MPI MIS Preprint Nr. 87/2003.
- S. Conti and B. Schweizer, Rigidity and Gamma convergence for solid-solid phase transitions with -invariance. MPI MIS Preprint Nr. 69/2004.
- B. Dacorogna and P. Marcellini, General existence theorems for Hamilton-Jacobi equations in the scalar and vectorial cases. Acta Math. 178 (1997) 1–37. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- G. Friesecke, R.D. James and S. Müller, A theorem on geometric rigidity and the derivation of nonlinear plate theory from three dimensional elasticity. Comm. Pure Appl. Math. 55 (2002) 1461–1506. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- A. Lorent, An optimal scaling law for finite element approximations of a variational problem with non-trivial microstructure. ESAIM: M2AN 35 (2001) 921–934. [CrossRef] [EDP Sciences]
- A. Lorent, The two well problem with surface energy. MPI MIS Preprint No. 22/2004.
- A. Lorent, On the scaling of the two well problem. Forthcoming.
- S. Müller and V. Šverák, Attainment results for the two-well problem by convex integration, in Geometric Analysis and the Calculus of Variations, Stefan Hildebrandt, J. Jost Ed. International Press, Cambridge (1996) 239–251.
- S. Müller and V. Šverák, Convex integration with constraints and applications to phase transitions and partial differential equations. J. Eur. Math. Soc. 1 (1999) 393–422. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- O. Pantz, On the justification of the nonlinear inextensional plate model. Arch. Ration. Mech. Anal. 167 (2003) 179–209. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
Volume 11, Number 3, July 2005
|Page(s)||310 - 356|
|Published online||15 July 2005|