- R.C. Arkin, Behavior-Based Robotics. Cambridge, Cambridge University Press (1998).
- Y. Asami, A note on the derivation of the first and second derivative of objective functions in geographical optimization problems. J. Faculty Engineering, The University of Tokio (B) XLI (1991) 1–13.
- R.G. Bartle, The Elements of Integration and Lebesgue Measure, 1st edn. Wiley-Interscience (1995).
- M. de Berg, M. van Kreveld and M. Overmars, Computational Geometry: Algorithms and Applications. New York, Springer-Verlag (1997).
- S. Boyd and L. Vandenberghe, Convex Optimization. Cambridge,Cambridge University Press (2004).
- A.J. Chorin and J.E. Marsden, A Mathematical Introduction to Fluid Mechanics. 3rd edn., Ser. Texts in Applied Mathematics. New York, Springer-Verlag 4 (1994).
- J. Cortés and F. Bullo, Coordination and geometric optimization via distributed dynamical systems. SIAM J. Control Optim. (June 2004), to appear.
- J. Cortés, S. Martínez, T. Karatas and F. Bullo, Coverage control for mobile sensing networks. IEEE Trans. Robotics Automat. 20 (2004) 243–255. [CrossRef]
- R. Diestel, Graph Theory. 2nd edn., Ser. Graduate Texts in Mathematics. New York, Springer-Verlag 173 (2000).
- Z. Drezner and H.W. Hamacher, Eds., Facility Location: Applications and Theory. New York, Springer-Verlag (2001).
- Q. Du, V. Faber and M. Gunzburger, Centroidal Voronoi tessellations: applications and algorithms. SIAM Rev. 41 (1999) 637–676. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- H. Edelsbrunner and N.R. Shah, Triangulating topological spaces. Internat. J. Comput. Geom. Appl. 7 (1997) 365–378. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- J. Gao, L.J. Guibas, J. Hershberger, L. Zhang and A. Zhu, Geometric spanner for routing in mobile networks, in ACM International Symposium on Mobile Ad-Hoc Networking & Computing (MobiHoc). Long Beach, CA (Oct. 2001) 45–55.
- R.M. Gray and D.L. Neuhoff, Quantization. IEEE Trans. Inform. Theory 44 (1998) 2325–2383. Commemorative Issue 1948–1998. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- U. Helmke and J. Moore, Optimization and Dynamical Systems. New York, Springer-Verlag (1994).
- A. Jadbabaie, J. Lin and A.S. Morse, Coordination of groups of mobile autonomous agents using nearest neighbor rules. IEEE Trans. Automat. Control 48 (2003) 988–1001. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- J.W. Jaromczyk and G.T. Toussaint, Relative neighborhood graphs and their relatives. Proc. of the IEEE 80 (1992) 1502–1517. [CrossRef]
- H.K. Khalil, Nonlinear Systems. Englewood Cliffs, Prentice Hall (1995).
- J.P. LaSalle, The Stability and Control of Discrete Processes. Ser. Applied Mathematical Sciences. New York, Springer-Verlag 62 (1986).
- X.-Y. Li, Algorithmic, geometric and graphs issues in wireless networks. Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing 3 (2003) 119–140. [CrossRef]
- D.G. Luenberger, Linear and Nonlinear Programming. Reading, Addison-Wesley (1984).
- J. Marshall, M. Broucke and B. Francis, Formations of vehicles in cyclic pursuit. IEEE Trans. Automat. Control 49 (2004) 1963–1974. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- A. Okabe, B. Boots, K. Sugihara and S.N. Chiu, Spatial Tessellations: Concepts and Applications of Voronoi Diagrams. 2nd edn., Ser. Wiley Series in Probability and Statistics. New York, John Wiley & Sons (2000).
- A. Okabe and A. Suzuki, Locational optimization problems solved through Voronoi diagrams. European J. Oper. Res. 98 (1997) 445–56. [CrossRef]
- A. Okubo, Dynamical aspects of animal grouping: swarms, schools, flocks and herds. Adv. Biophysics 22 (1986) 1–94. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- R. Olfati-Saber and R.M. Murray, Consensus problems in networks of agents with switching topology and time-delays. IEEE Trans. Automat. Control 49 (2004) 1520–1533. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- K.M. Passino, Biomimicry for Optimization, Control, and Automation. New York, Springer-Verlag (2004).
- C.W. Reynolds, Flocks, herds, and schools: A distributed behavioral model. Computer Graphics 21 (1987) 25–34. [NASA ADS] [CrossRef] [EDP Sciences] [MathSciNet] [PubMed]
- K. Rose, Deterministic annealing for clustering, compression, classification, regression, and related optimization problems. Proc. of the IEEE 80 (1998) 2210–2239. [CrossRef]
- A.R. Teel, Nonlinear systems: discrete-time stability analysis. Lecture Notes, University of California at Santa Barbara (2004).
Volume 11, Number 4, October 2005
|Page(s)||691 - 719|
|Published online||15 September 2005|