- G. Alberti and A. DeSimone, Wetting of rough surfaces: a homogenization approach. Proc. R. Soc. Lond. Ser. A Math. Phys. Eng. Sci. 461 (2005) 79–97. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- L. Ambrosio and A. Braides, Functionals defined on partitions of sets of finite perimeter, I: integral representation and Γ-convergence. J. Math. Pures. Appl. 69 (1990) 285–305. [MathSciNet]
- L. Ambrosio and A. Braides, Functionals defined on partitions of sets of finite perimeter, II: semicontinuity, relaxation and homogenization. J. Math. Pures. Appl. 69 (1990) 307–333. [MathSciNet]
- L. Ambrosio and V.M. Tortorelli, Approximation of functionals depending on jumps by elliptic functionals via Γ-convergence. Comm. Pure Appl. Math. 43 (1990) 999–1036. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- L. Ambrosio, N. Fusco and D. Pallara, Functions of Bounded Variation and Free Discontinuity Problems. Oxford University Press, Oxford (2000).
- G. Bellettini, M. Paolini and S. Venturini, Some results on surface measures in calculus of variations. Ann. Mat. Pura Appl. 170 (1996) 329–357. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- E. Bonnetier and A. Chambolle, Computing the equilibrium configuration of epitaxially strained crystalline films. SIAM J. Appl. Math. 62 (2002) 1093–1121. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- G. Bouchitté and P. Seppecher, Cahn and Hilliard fluid on an oscillating boundary. Motion by mean curvature and related topics (Trento, 1992), de Gruyter, Berlin (1994) 23–42.
- G. Bouchitté, A. Braides and G. Buttazzo, Relaxation results for some free discontinuity problems. J. Reine Angew. Math. 458 (1995) 1–18. [MathSciNet]
- B. Bourdin and A. Chambolle, Implementation of an adaptive finite-element approximation of the Mumford-Shah functional. Numer. Math. 85 (2000) 609–646. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- A. Braides, Approximation of Free-Discontinuity Problems. Lect. Notes Math. 1694, Springer, Berlin (1998).
- A. Braides, Γ -convergence for Beginners. Oxford University Press, Oxford (2002).
- A. Braides, A handbook of Γ>-convergence, in Handbook of Differential Equations. Stationary Partial Differential Equations, Vol. 3, M. Chipot and P. Quittner Eds., Elsevier (2006).
- A. Braides and V. Chiadò Piat, Integral representation results for functionals defined in . J. Math. Pures Appl. 75 (1996) 595–626.
- A. Braides and R. March, Approximation by Γ-convergence of a curvature-depending functional in Visual Reconstruction. Comm. Pure Appl. Math. 58 (2006) 71–121. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- A. Braides and M. Solci, A remark on the approximation of free-discontinuity problems. Manuscript (2003).
- A. Braides, A. Defranceschi and E. Vitali, Homogenization of free discontinuity problems. Arch. Rational Mech. Anal. 135 (1996) 297–356. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- B. Buffoni, Existence and conditional energetic stability of capillary-gravity solitary water waves by minimisation. Arch. Ration. Mech. Anal. 173 (2004) 25–68. [MathSciNet]
- A. Chambolle and M. Solci, Interaction of a bulk and a surface energy with a geometrical constraint. SIAM J. Math. Anal. 39 (2007) 77–102. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- A. Chambolle, E. Séré and C.Zanini, Progressive water-waves: a global variational approach. (In preparation).
- E. Giusti, Minimal surfaces and functions of bounded variation. Birkhäuser Verlag, Basel (1984).
- J.M. Morel and S. Solimini, Variational Methods in Image Segmentation. Progr. Nonlinear Differ. Equ. Appl. 14, Birkhäuser, Basel (1995).
- D. Mumford and J. Shah, Optimal approximations by piecewise smooth functions and associated variational problems. Comm. Pure Appl. Math. 42 (1989) 577–685. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
Volume 13, Number 4, October-December 2007
|Page(s)||717 - 734|
|Published online||20 July 2007|