- E. Acerbi and N. Fusco, Semicontinuity problems in the calculus of variations. Arch. Rational Mech. Anal. 86 (1984) 125–145. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- J.M. Ball, Convexity conditions and existence theorems in nonlinear elasticity. Arch. Rational Mech. Anal. 63 (1977) 337–403. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- J.M. Ball, Discontinuous equilibrium solutions and cavitation in nonlinear elasticity. Phil. Trans. Roy. Soc. London A 306 (1982) 557–611. [CrossRef]
- J.M. Ball, Some open questions in elasticity. Geometry, mechanics, and dynamics. Springer, New York (2002) 3–59.
- J.M. Ball, J. Currie and P. Olver, Null Lagrangians, weak continuity and variational problems of arbitrary order. J. Func. Anal. 41 (1981) 135–174.
- J.M. Ball and F. Murat, -quasiconvexity and variational problems for multiple integrals. J. Funct. Anal. 58 (1984) 225–253. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- P. Bauman, N. Owen and D. Phillips, Maximum Principles and a priori estimates for a class of problems in nonlinear elasticity. Ann. Inst. H. Poincaré Anal. non Linéaire 8 (1991) 119–157.
- P. Bauman, N. Owen and D. Phillips, Maximal smoothness of solutions to certain Euler-Lagrange equations from noninear elasticity. Proc. Roy. Soc. Edinburgh 119A (1991) 241–263.
- R. Coifman, P. L. Lions, Y. Meyer and S. Semmes, Compensated compactness and hardy spaces. J. Math. Pures. Appl. 72 (1993) 247–286. [MathSciNet]
- C. Horgan and D. Polignone, Cavitation in nonlinearly elastic solids; A review. Appl. Mech. Rev. 48 (1995) 471–485.
- R. Knops and C. Stuart, Quasiconvexity and uniqueness of equilibrium solutions in nonlinear elasticity. Arch. Rational Mech. Anal. 86 (1984) 233–249. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- S. Müller, Higher integrability of determinants and weak convergence in J. reine angew. Math. 412 (1990) 20–34.
- R. Ogden, Large-deformation isotropic elasticity: on the correlation of theory and experiment for compressible rubberlike solids. Proc. Roy. Soc. Edinburgh 328A (1972) 567–583.
- P. Quintela-Estevez, Critical point in the energy of hyperelastic materials. RAIRO: Math. Modél. Numér. Anal. 25 (1990) 103–132.
- J. Sivaloganathan, The generalized Hamilton-Jacobi inequality and the stability of equilibria in nonlinear elasticity. Arch. Rational Mech. Anal. 107 (1989) 347–369. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- J. Sivaloganathan, Singular minimizers in the calculus of variations: a degenerate form of cavitation. Ann. Inst. H. Poincaré Anal. non linéaire 9 (1992) 657–681.
- J. Sivaloganathan, On the stability of cavitating equilibria. Q. Appl. Math. 53 (1995) 301–313.
- J. Spector, Linear deformations as global minimizers in nonlinear elasticity. Q. Appl. Math. 52 (1994) 59–64.
- V. Šverák, Regularity properties of deformations with finite energy. Arch. Rational Mech. Anal. 100 (1988) 105–127. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- A. Taheri, Quasiconvexity and uniqueness of stationary points in the multi-dimensional calculus of variations. Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 131 (2003) 3101–3107. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- K. Zhang, Polyconvexity and stability of equilibria in nonlinear elasticity. Quart. J. Mech. appl. Math. 43 (1990) 215–221. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- K. Zhang, Energy minimizers in nonlinear elastostatics and the implicit function theorem. Arch. Rational Mech. Anal. 114 (1991) 95–117. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
Volume 14, Number 1, January-March 2008
|Page(s)||192 - 209|
|Published online||21 September 2007|