- R.C. Arkin, Behavior Based Robotics. The MIT Press (1998).
- J.-P. Aubin and A. Cellina, Differential Inclusions. Springer-Verlag (1984).
- J.-P. Aubin, J. Lygeros, M. Quincampoix, S.S. Sastry and N. Seube, Impulse differential inclusions: a viability approach to hybrid systems. IEEE Trans. Aut. Cont. 47 (2002) 2–20. [CrossRef]
- A. Back, J. Guckenheimer and M. Myers, A dynamical simulation facility for hybrid systems, in Hybrid Systems, Lect. Notes Comput. Sci. 36 (1993) 255–267.
- D.D. Bainov and P.S. Simeonov, Systems with Impulse Effect: Stability, Theory, and Applications. Ellis Horwood Limited (1989).
- O. Beker, C.V. Hollot, Y. Chait and H. Han, Fundamental properties of reset control systems. Automatica 40 (2004) 905–915. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- M. Boccadoro, Y. Wardi, M. Egerstedt and E. Verriest, Optimal control of switching surfaces in hybrid dynamical systems. Discrete Event Dyn. Syst. 15 (2005) 433–448. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- M.S. Branicky, Studies in hybrid systems: Modeling, analysis, and control. Ph.D. dissertation, Dept. Elec. Eng. and Computer Sci., MIT (1995).
- M.S. Branicky, V.S. Borkar and S.K. Mitter, A unified framework for hybrid control: Model and optimal control theory. IEEE Trans. Aut. Cont. 43 (1998) 31–45. [CrossRef]
- R.W. Brocket, Hybrid Models for Motion Control Systems, in Essays on Control: Perspectives in the Theory and its Applications, H.L. Trentelman and J.C. Willems Eds., Birkhäuser (1993) 29–53.
- M. Broucke and A. Arapostathis, Continuous selections of trajectories of hybrid systems. Systems Control Lett. 47 (2002) 149–157. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- C. Cai, A.R. Teel and R. Goebel, Converse Lyapunov theorems and robust asymptotic stability for hybrid systems, in Proc. 24th American Control Conference (2005) 12–17.
- F. Ceragioli, Some remarks on stabilization by means of discontinuous feedbacks. Systems Control Lett. 45 (2002) 271–281. [NASA ADS] [CrossRef] [EDP Sciences] [MathSciNet] [PubMed]
- V. Chellaboina, S.P. Bhat and W.H. Haddad, An invariance principle for nonlinear hybrid and impulsive dynamical systems. Nonlin. Anal. 53 (2003) 527–550. [CrossRef]
- F.H. Clarke, Y.S. Ledyaev, E.D. Sontag and A.I. Subbotin, Asymptotic controllability implies feedback stabilization. IEEE Trans. Aut. Cont. 42 (1997) 1394–1407. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- J.C. Clegg, A nonlinear integrator for servomechanisms. Transactions A.I.E.E. 77 (Part II) 41–42, 1958.
- P. Collins, A trajectory-space approach to hybrid systems, in Proc. 16th MTNS (2004).
- P. Collins and J. Lygeros, Computability of finite-time reachable sets for hybrid systems, in Proc. 44th IEEE Conference on Decision Control (2005) 4688–4693.
- J.-M. Coron and L. Rosier, A relation between continuous time-varying and discontinuous feedback stabilization. J. Math. Systems Estimation Control 4 (1994) 67–84.
- M. Egerstedt, Behavior based robotics using hybrid automata, in Hybrid Systems: Computation and Control, Lect. Notes Comput. Sci. 1790 (2000) 103–116.
- A.F. Filippov, Differential equations with discontinuous right-hand sides (English). Matemat. Sbornik. 151 (1960) 99–128.
- M. Garavello and B. Piccoli, Hybrid necessary principle. SIAM J. Control Optim. 43 (2005) 1867–1887. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- R. Goebel and A.R. Teel, Solutions to hybrid inclusions via set and graphical convergence with stability theory applications. Automatica 42 (2006) 573–587. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- R. Goebel, J.P. Hespanha, A.R. Teel, C. Cai and R.G. Sanfelice, Hybrid systems: Generalized solutions and robust stability, in Proc. 6th IFAC Symposium in Nonlinear Control Systems (2004) 1–12.
- O. Hàjek, Discontinuous differential equations I. J. Diff. Eqn. 32 (1979) 149–170. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- H. Hermes, Discontinuous vector fields and feedback control, in Differential Equations and Dynamical Systems, J.K. Hale and J.P. LaSalle Eds., Academic Press, New York (1967) 155–165.
- J.P. Hespanha, Uniform stability of switched linear systems: Extensions of LaSalle's invariance principle. IEEE Trans. Aut. Cont. 49 (2004) 470–482. [CrossRef]
- J.P. Hespanha, A model for stochastic hybrid systems with application to communication networks. Nonlinear Anal. (Special Issue on Hybrid Systems) 62 (2005) 1353–1383.
- C.M. Kellet and A.R. Teel, Smooth Lyapunov functions and robustness of stability for differential inclusions. Systems Control Lett. 52 (2004) 395–405. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- N.N. Krasovskii, Game-Theoretic Problems of Capture. Nauka, Moscow (1970).
- N.N. Krasovskii and A.I. Subbotin, Game-Theoretical Control Problems. Springer-Verlag (1988).
- K.R. Krishnan and I.M. Horowitz, Synthesis of a non-linear feedback system with significant plant-ignorance for prescribed system tolerances. Inter. J. Control 19 (1974) 689–706. [CrossRef]
- J. Lygeros, K.H. Johansson, S.S. Sastry and M. Egerstedt, On the existence of executions of hybrid automata, in Proc. 41st Conference on Decision and Control (1999) 2249–2254.
- J. Lygeros, K.H. Johansson, S.N. Simić, J. Zhang and S.S. Sastry, Dynamical properties of hybrid automata. IEEE Trans. Aut. Cont. 48 (2003) 2–17. [CrossRef]
- A.N. Michel, L. Wang and B. Hu, Qualitative Theory of Dynamical Systems. Dekker (2001).
- D. Nesic, L. Zaccarian and A.R. Teel, Stability properties of reset systems, in Proc. 16th IFAC World Congress in Prague (2005).
- C. Prieur, Asymptotic controllability and robust asymptotic stabilizability. SIAM J. Control Optim. 43 (2005) 1888–1912. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- C. Prieur, R. Goebel and A.R. Teel, Results on robust stabilization of asymptotically controllable systems by hybrid feedback, in Proc. 44th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control and European Control Conference (2005) 2598–2603.
- R.T. Rockafellar and R.J.-B. Wets, Variational Analysis. Springer (1998).
- A.V. Roup, D.S. Bernstein, S.G. Nersesov, W.M. Haddad and V. Chellaboina, Limit cycle analysis of the verge and foliot clock escapement using impulsive differential equations and Poincaré maps. Inter. J. Control 76 (2003) 1685–1698. [CrossRef]
- R.G. Sanfelice, R. Goebel and A.R. Teel, Results on convergence in hybrid systems via detectability and an invariance principle, in Proc. 24th IEEE American Control Conference (2005) 551–556.
- J. Sprinkle, A.D. Ames, A. Pinto, H. Zheng and S.S. Sastry, On the partitioning of syntax and semantics for hybrid systems tools, in Proc. 44th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control and European Control Conference (2005).
- S.Y. Tang and R.A. Cheke, State-dependent impulsive models of integrated pest management (IPM) strategies and their dynamic consequences. J. Math. Biol. 50 (2005) 257–292. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet] [PubMed]
- L. Tavernini, Differential automata and their discrete simulators. Nonlin. Anal. 11 (1987) 665–683. [CrossRef]
- L. Tavernini, Generic properties of impulsive hybrid systems. Dynamic Systems & Applications 13 (2004) 533–551.
- S.E. Tuna, R.G. Sanfelice, M.J. Messina and A.R. Teel, Hybrid MPC: Open-minded but not easily swayed, in Proc. International Workshop on Assessment and Future Directions of Nonlinear Model Predictive Control (2005).
- A. van der Schaft and H. Schumacher, An Introduction to Hybrid Dynamical Systems, Lecture Notes in Control and Information Sciences. Springer (2000).
- H.S. Witsenhausen, A class of hybrid-state continuous-time dynamic systems. IEEE Trans. Aut. Cont. 11 (1966) 161–167. [CrossRef]
- L. Zaccarian, D. Nesic and A.R. Teel, First order reset elements and the Clegg integrator revisited, in Proc. 24th American Control Conference (2005) 563–568.
Volume 14, Number 4, October-December 2008
|Page(s)||699 - 724|
|Published online||07 February 2008|