- R.M. Anderson and R.M. May, Directly transmitted infectious diseases: Control by vaccination. Science 215 (1982) 1053–1060. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet] [PubMed]
- D.D. Bainov and P.S. Simeonov, Systems with Impulse Effect: Stability, Theory and Applications. Ellis Horwood Limited, Chichester, West Sussex (1989).
- D.D. Bainov and P.S. Simeonov, Impulsive Differential Equations: Periodic Solutions and Applications, Pitman Monographs and Surveys in Pure and Applied Mathematics 66. Longman Scientific, Harlow (1993).
- D.D. Bainov and P.S. Simeonov, Impulsive Differential Equations: Asymptotic Properties of the Solutions, Series on Advances in Mathematics for Applied Sciences 28. World Scientific (1995).
- M.S. Branicky, V.S. Borkar and S.K. Mitter, A unified framework for hybrid control: Model and optimal control theory. IEEE Trans. Automatic Control 43 (1998) 31–45. [CrossRef]
- A.E. Bryson and Y.C. Ho, Applied Optimal Control. Routledge (1975).
- J. Chudoung and C. Beck, The minimum principle for deterministic impulsive control systems, in Proceedings of the 40th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control 4, Orlando, FL (2001) 3569–3574.
- K.L. Cooke and P. van den Driessche, Analysis of an seirs epidemic model with two delays. J. Math. Biology 35 (1996) 240–260. [CrossRef]
- M. Egerstedt, Y. Wardi and F. Delmotte, Optimal control of switching times in switched dynamical systems, in Proceedings of the 42nd IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, Maui, Hawaii (2003) 2138–2143.
- E.G. Gilbert and G.A. Harasty, A class of fixed-time fuel-optimal impulsive control problems and an efficient algorithm for their solution. IEEE Trans. Automatic Control AC-16 (1971) 1–11.
- H.E. Gollwitzer, Applications of the method of steepest descent to optimal control problems. Master's thesis, University of Minnesota, USA (1965).
- J.C. Luo and E.B. Lee, Time-optimal control of the swing using impulse control actions, in Proceedings of the 1998 American Control Conference 1 (1998) V200–204.
- R. Rishel, Application of an extended Pontryagin principle. IEEE Trans. Automatic Control 11 (1966) 167–170. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- G.N. Silva and R.B. Vinter, Optimal impulsive control problems with state constraints, in Proceedings of the 32nd IEEE Conference on Decision and Control 4 (1993) 3811–3812.
- H.J. Sussmann, A maximum principle for hybrid optimal control problems, in Proceedings of the 38th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control 1 (1999) 425–430.
- E.I. Verriest, Regularization method for optimally switched and impulse systems with biomedical applications, in Proceedings of the 42nd IEEE Conference on Decision and Control (2003).
- E.I. Verriest, F. Delmotte and M. Egerstedt, Optimal impulsive control for point delay systems with refractory period, in IFAC Workshop on Time-Delay Systems, Leuven, Belgium (2004).
- E.I. Verriest, F. Delmotte and M. Egerstedt, Control of epidemics by vaccination, in Proceedings of the 2005 American Control Conference 2 (2005) 985–990.
- E.I. Verriest, F. Delmotte and M. Egerstedt, Control strategies for epidemics by vaccination. Automatica (submitted).
- W. Wendi and M. Zhien, Global dynamics of an epidemic model with time delay. Nonlinear Analysis: Real World Applications archive 3 (2002) 365–373. [CrossRef]
- X. Xu and P. Antsaklis, Optimal control of switched autonomous systems, in Proceedings of the 41st IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, Las Vegas, NV (2002) 4401–4406.
- T. Yang, Impulsive control. IEEE Trans. Automatic Control 44 (1999) 1081–1083. [CrossRef]
Volume 14, Number 4, October-December 2008
|Page(s)||767 - 779|
|Published online||30 January 2008|