- L. Ambrosio, A. Coscia and G. Dal Maso, Fine properties of functions with bounded deformation. Arch. Rational Mech. Anal. 139 (1997) 201–238. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- L. Ambrosio, N. Fusco and D. Pallara, Functions of bounded variation and free discontinuity problems, Oxford Mathematical Monographs. The Clarendon Press, Oxford University Press, New York (2000).
- J.M. Ball and R.D. James, Fine phase mixtures as minimisers of energy. Arch. Rational Mech. Anal. 100 (1987) 13–52. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- J.M. Ball and R.D. James, Proposed experimental tests of a theory of fine microstructure and the two well problem. Phil. Trans. Roy. Soc. London Ser. A 338 (1992) 389–450. [CrossRef]
- M. Chipot, The appearance of microstructures in problems with incompatible wells and their numerical approach. Numer. Math. 83 (1999) 325–352. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- M. Chipot and D. Kinderlehrer, Equilibrium configurations of crystals. Arch. Rational Mech. Anal. 103 (1988) 237–277. [MathSciNet]
- M. Chipot and S. Müller, Sharp energy estimates for finite element approximations of non-convex problems, in Variations of domain and free-boundary problems in solid mechanics (Paris, 1997), Solid Mech. Appl. 66, Kluwer Acad. Publ., Dordrecht (1999) 317–325.
- S. Conti, Branched microstructures: scaling and asymptotic self-similarity. Comm. Pure Appl. Math. 53 (2000) 1448–1474. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- S. Conti and B. Schweizer, Rigidity and Gamma convergence for solid-solid phase transitions with -invariance. Comm. Pure Appl. Math. 59 (2006) 830–868. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- S. Conti, D. Faraco and F. Maggi, A new approach to counterexamples to estimates: Korn's inequality, geometric rigidity, and regularity for gradients of separately convex functions. Arch. Rational Mech. Anal. 175 (2005) 287–300. [CrossRef]
- S. Conti, G. Dolzmann and B. Kirchheim, Existence of Lipschitz minimizers for the three-well problem in solid-solid phase transitions. Ann. Inst. H. Poincaré Anal. Non Linéaire 24 (2007) 953–962. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- B. Dacorogna and P. Marcellini, General existence theorems for Hamilton-Jacobi equations in the scalar and vectorial cases. Acta Math. 178 (1997) 1–37. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- C. De Lellis and L. Székelyhidi, The Euler equations as a differential inclusion. Ann. Math. (to appear).
- G. Dolzmann and K. Bhattacharya, Relaxed constitutive relations for phase transforming materials. The J. R. Willis 60th anniversary volume. J. Mech. Phys. Solids 48 (2000) 1493–1517. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- G. Dolzmann and B. Kirchheim, Liquid-like behavior of shape memory alloys. C. R. Math. Acad. Sci. Paris 336 (2003) 441–446. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- G. Dolzmann and S. Müller, Microstructures with finite surface energy: the two-well problem. Arch. Rational Mech. Anal. 132 (1995) 101–141. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- L.C. Evans and R.F. Gariepy, Measure theory and fine properties of functions, Studies in Advanced Mathematics. CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL (1992).
- G. Friesecke, R.D. James and S. Müller, A theorem on geometric rigidity and the derivation of nonlinear plate theory from three dimensional elasticity. Comm. Pure Appl. Math. 55 (2002) 1461–1506. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- B. Kirchheim, Deformations with finitely many gradients and stability of quasiconvex hulls. C. R. Acad. Sci. Paris Sér. I Math. 332 (2001) 289–294.
- B. Kirchheim, Rigidity and Geometry of Microstructures. Lectures note 16/2003, Max Planck Institute for Mathematics in the Sciences, Leipzig (2003).
- R.V. Kohn, New Estimates for Deformations in Terms of Their Strains. Ph.D. thesis, Princeton University, USA (1979).
- R.V. Kohn and S. Müller, Surface energy and microstructure in coherent phase transitions. Comm. Pure Appl. Math. 47 (1994) 405–435. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- A. Lorent, An optimal scaling law for finite element approximations of a variational problem with non-trivial microstructure. ESAIM: M2AN 35 (2001) 921–934. [CrossRef] [EDP Sciences]
- M. Luskin, On the computation of crystalline microstructure. Acta Numer. 5 (1996) 191–257. [CrossRef]
- P. Mattila, Geometry of Sets and Measures in Euclidean Spaces, Cambridge Studies in Advanced Mathematics 44. Cambridge University Press (1995).
- S. Müller, Singular perturbations as a selection criterion for periodic minimizing sequences. Calc. Var. Partial Differ. Equ. 1 (1993) 169–204. [CrossRef]
- S. Müller, Variational models for microstructure and phase transitions, in Calculus of variations and geometric evolution problems (Cetraro, 1996), Lecture Notes in Mathematics 1713, Springer, Berlin (1999) 85–210. www.mis.mpg.de/cgi-bin/lecturenotes.pl.
- S. Müller, Uniform Lipschitz estimates for extremals of singularly perturbed nonconvex functionals. MIS MPG, Preprint 2 (1999).
- S. Müller and V. Šverák, Attainment results for the two-well problem by convex integration, in Geometric Analysis and the Calculus of Variations. For Stefan Hildebrandt, J. Jost Ed., International Press, Cambridge (1996) 239–251.
- S. Müller and V. Šverák, Convex integration with constraints and applications to phase transitions and partial differential equations. J. Eur. Math. Soc. (JEMS) 1 (1999) 393–422. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- S. Müller and V. Šverák, Convex integration for Lipschitz mappings and counterexamples to regularity. Ann. Math. 157 (2003) 715–742. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- S. Müller, M. Rieger and V. Šverák, Parabolic systems with nowhere smooth solutions. Arch. Rational Mech. Anal. 177 (2005) 1–20. [CrossRef]
- M.A. Sychev, Comparing two methods of resolving homogeneous differential inclusions. Calc. Var. Partial Differ. Equ. 13 (2001) 213–229. [CrossRef]
- M.A. Sychev and S. Müller, Optimal existence theorems for nonhomogeneous differential inclusions. J. Funct. Anal. 181 (2001) 447–475. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- V. Šverák, On the problem of two wells, in Microstructure and phase transition, D. Kinderlehrer, R.D. James, M. Luskin and J. Ericksen Eds., IMA Vol. Math. Appl. 54, Springer, New York (1993) 183–189.
Volume 15, Number 2, April-June 2009
|Page(s)||322 - 366|
|Published online||24 June 2008|