- A. Bensoussan, J.L. Lions and G. Papanicolaou, Asymptotic analysis for periodic structure. North-Holland (1978).
- B. Burgdorfer, The influence of the molecular mean free path on the performance of hydrodynamic gas lubricated bearings. ASME J. basic Engineer. 81 (1959) 99–100.
- M. Chipot and M. Luskin, Existence and uniqueness of solutions to the compressible Reynolds lubrication equation. SIAM J. Math. Anal. 17 (1986) 1390–1399. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- J.I. Diaz and J.I. Tello, On a problem lacking a classical solution in lubrication theory, in Actas del XV-CEDYA, Vigo II (1997) 429–434.
- L.C. Evans and R.F. Gariepy, Measure theory and fine properties of functions. Stud. Adv. Math. CRC Press (1992).
- D. Gilbarg and N.S. Trudinger, Elliptic partial differential equations of second order. Springer-Verlag, Berlin, second edition (1983).
- B.S. Grigor'ev, S.V. Lupulyak and Yu.K. Shinder, Solvability of the reynolds equation of gas lubrication. J. Math. Sci. 106 (2001) 2925–2928. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- M. Jai, Existence and uniqueness of solutions of the parabolic nonlinear compressible Reynolds lubrication equation. Nonlinear Anal. 43 (2001) 655–682. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- D. Kinderlehrer and G. Stampacchia, An introduction to variational inequalities and their applications. Academic Press Inc. [Harcourt Brace Jovanovich Publishers], New York (1980).
- L. Rayleigh, Notes on the Theory of Lubrication. Phylosophical Magazine 35 (1918) 1–12.
- M.P. Robert, Optimization of self-acting gas bearings for maximum static siffness. ASME J. Appl. Mech. 57 (1990) 758–761. [CrossRef]
- S.M. Rodhe and G.T. McAllister, On the optimization of fluid film bearings. Proc. Roy. Soc. London A 351 (1976) 481–497.
- J. I. Tello, Regularity of solutions to a lubrication problem with discontinuous separation data. Nonlinear Anal. 53 (2003) 1167–1177. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
Volume 11, Number 1, January 2005
|Page(s)||102 - 121|
|Published online||15 December 2004|