- S.A. Avdonin and S.A. Ivanov, Families of Exponentials: The Method of Moments in Controllability Problems for Distributed Parameter Systems. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK (1995).
- G.D. Birkhoff and R.E. Langer, The boundary problems and developments associated with a system of ordinary linear differential equations of the first order. Proc. American Academy Arts Sci. 58 (1923) 49–128.
- R.F. Curtain, The Salamon-Weiss class of well-posed infinite dimensional linear systems: a survey. IMA J. Math. Control Inform. 14 (1997) 207–223. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- R.F. Curtain, Linear operator inequalities for strongly stable weakly regular linear systems. Math. Control Signals Systems 14 (2001) 299–337. [CrossRef]
- R.H. Fabiano and S.W. Hansen, Modeling and analysis of a three-layer damped sandwich beam. Discrete Contin. Dynam. Syst., Added Volume (2001) 143–155.
- B.Z. Guo, Riesz basis approach to the stabilization of a flexible beam with a tip mass. SIAM J. Control Optim. 39 (2001) 1736–1747.
- B.Z. Guo and Y.H. Luo, Controllability and stability of a second order hyperbolic system with collocated sensor/actuator. Syst. Control Lett. 46 (2002) 45–65. [NASA ADS] [CrossRef] [EDP Sciences] [MathSciNet] [PubMed]
- S.W. Hansen and R. Spies, Structural damping in a laminated beams due to interfacial slip. J. Sound Vibration 204 (1997) 183–202. [CrossRef]
- S.W. Hansen and I. Lasiecla, Analyticity, hyperbolicity and uniform stability of semigroupsm arising in models of composite beams. Math. Models Methods Appl. Sci. 10 (2000) 555–580. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- T. Kato, Perturbation theory of linear Operators. Springer, Berlin (1976).
- V. Komornik, Exact Controllability and Stabilization: the Multiplier Method. John Wiley and Sons, Ltd., Chichester (1994).
- A. Pazy, Semigroups of Linear Operators and Applications to Partial Differential Equations. Springer-Verlag, New York (1983).
- D.L. Russell and B.Y. Zhang, Controllability and stabilizability of the third-order linear dispersion equation on a periodic domain. SIAM J. Control Optim. 31 (1993) 659–676. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- D.L. Russell and B.Y. Zhang, Exact controllability and stabilizability of the Korteweg-de Vries equation. Trans. Amer. Math. Soc. 348 (1996) 3643–3672. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- C. Tretter, Spectral problems for systems of differential equations with polynomial boundary conditions. Math. Nachr. 214 (2000) 129–172. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- C. Tretter, Boundary eigenvalue problems for differential equations with polynomial boundary conditions. J. Diff. Equ. 170 (2001) 408–471. [CrossRef]
- G. Weiss, Transfer functions of regular linear systems I: Characterizations of regularity. Trans. Amer. Math. Soc. 342 (1994) 827–854. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- R.M. Young, An Introduction to Nonharmonic Fourier Series. Academic Press, Inc., London (2001).
Volume 12, Number 1, January 2006
|Page(s)||12 - 34|
|Published online||15 December 2005|