- R. Atar and P. Dupuis, A differential game with constrained dynamics and viscosity solutions of a related HJB equation. Nonlinear Anal. 51 (2002) 1105–1130. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- R. Atar, P. Dupuis and A. Shwartz, An escape criterion for queueing networks: Asymptotic risk-sensitive control via differential games. Math. Op. Res. 28 (2003) 801–835. [CrossRef]
- R. Atar, P. Dupuis and A. Schwartz, Explicit solutions for a network control problem in the large deviation regime, Queueing Systems 46 (2004) 159–176.
- F. Avram, Optimal control of fluid limits of queueing networks and stochasticity corrections, in Mathematics of Stochastic Manufacturing Systems, G. Yin and Q. Zhang Eds., AMS, Lect. Appl. Math. 33 (1996).
- F. Avram, D. Bertsimas, M. Ricard, Fluid models of sequencing problems in open queueing networks; and optimal control approach, in Stochastic Networks, F.P. Kelly and R.J. Williams Eds., Springer-Verlag, NY (1995).
- J.A. Ball, M.V. Day and P. Kachroo, Robust feedback control of a single server queueing system. Math. Control, Signals, Syst. 12 (1999) 307–345.
- J.A. Ball, M.V. Day, P. Kachroo and T. Yu, Robust L2-Gain for nonlinear systems with projection dynamics and input constraints: an example from traffic control. Automatica 35 (1999) 429–444. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- M. Bardi and I. Cappuzzo-Dolcetta, Optimal Control and Viscosity Solutions of Hamilton-Jacobi-Bellman Equations. Birkhäuser, Boston (1997).
- T. Basar and P. Bernhard, H∞-Optimal Control and Related Minimax Design Problems – A Dynamic game approach. Birkhäuser, Boston (1991).
- A. Budhiraja and P. Dupuis, Simple necessary and sufficient conditions for the stability of constrained processes. SIAM J. Appl. Math. 59 (1999) 1686–1700. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- H. Chen and A. Mandelbaum, Discrete flow networks: bottleneck analysis and fluid approximations. Math. Oper. Res. 16 (1991) 408–446. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- H. Chen and D.D. Yao, Fundamentals of Queueing Networks: Performance, Asymptotics and Optimization. Springer-Verlag, N.Y. (2001).
- J.G. Dai, On the positive Harris recurrence for multiclass queueing networks: a unified approach via fluid models. Ann. Appl. Prob. 5 (1995) 49–77.
- M.V. Day, On the velocity projection for polyhedral Skorokhod problems. Appl. Math. E-Notes 5 (2005) 52–59. [MathSciNet]
- M.V. Day, J. Hall, J. Menendez, D. Potter and I. Rothstein, Robust optimal service analysis of single-server re-entrant queues. Comput. Optim. Appl. 22 (2002), 261–302.
- P. Dupuis and H. Ishii, On Lipschitz continuity of the solution mapping of the Skorokhod problem, with applications. Stochastics and Stochastics Reports 35 (1991) 31–62. [MathSciNet]
- P. Dupuis and A. Nagurney, Dynamical systems and variational inequalities. Annals Op. Res. 44 (1993) 9–42.
- P. Dupuis and K. Ramanan, Convex duality and the Skorokhod problem, I and II. Prob. Theor. Rel. Fields 115 (1999) 153–195, 197–236. [CrossRef]
- D. Eng, J. Humphrey and S. Meyn, Fluid network models: linear programs for control and performance bounds in Proc. of the 13th World Congress of International Federation of Automatic Control B (1996) 19–24.
- A.F. Filippov, Differential Equations with Discontinuous Right Hand Sides, Kluwer Academic Publishers (1988).
- W.H. Fleming and M.R. James, The risk-sensitive index and the H2 and H∞ morms for nonlinear systems. Math. Control Signals Syst. 8 (1995) 199–221. [CrossRef]
- W.H. Fleming and W.M. McEneaney, Risk-sensitive control on an infinite time horizon. SAIM J. Control Opt. 33 (1995) 1881–1915. [CrossRef]
- J.M. Harrison, Brownian models of queueing networks with heterogeneous customer populations, in Proc. of IMA Workshop on Stochastic Differential Systems. Springer-Verlag (1988).
- P. Hartman, Ordinary Differential Equations (second edition). Birkhauser, Boston (1982).
- R. Isaacs, Differential Games. Wiley, New York (1965).
- P.L. Lions, Neumann type boundary conditions for Hamilton-Jacobi equations, Duke Math. J. 52 (1985) 793–820.
- X. Luo and D. Bertsimas, A new algorithm for state-constrained separated continuous linear programs. SIAM J. Control Opt. 37 (1998) 177–210. [CrossRef]
- S. Meyn, Stability and optimizations of queueing networks and their fluid models, in Mathematics of Stochastic Manufacturing Systems, G. Yin and Q. Zhang Eds., Lect. Appl. Math. 33, AMS (1996).
- S. Meyn, Transience of multiclass queueing networks via fluid limit models. Ann. Appl. Prob. 5 (1995) 946–957. [CrossRef]
- S. Meyn, Sequencing and routing in multiclass queueing networks, part 1: feedback regulation. SIAM J. Control Optim. 40 (2001) 741–776. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- M.I. Reiman, Open queueing networks in heavy traffic. Math. Oper. Res. 9 (1984) 441–458. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- R.T. Rockafellar, Convex Analysis. Princeton Univ. Press, Princeton (1970).
- P. Soravia, H∞ control of nonlinear systems: differential games and viscosity solutions. SIAM J. Control Optim. 34 (1996) 071–1097.
- G. Weiss, On optimal draining of re-entrant fluid lines, in Stochastic Networks, F.P. Kelly and R.J. Williams, Eds. Springer-Verlag, NY (1995).
- G. Weiss, A simplex based algorithm to solve separated continuous linear programs, to appear (preprint available at http://stat.haifa.ac.il/~gweiss/).
- P. Whittle, Risk-sensitive Optimal Control. J. Wiley, Chichester (1990).
- R.J. Williams, Semimartingale reflecting Brownian motions in the orthant, Stochastic Networks, Springer, New York IMA Vol. Math. Appl. 71 (1995) 125–137.
Volume 12, Number 4, October 2006
|Page(s)||662 - 698|
|Published online||11 October 2006|